We respect nature and aim to be sustainable in every way possible
Sustainability is an integral part of the Blk Sheep mission, team culture and our brand’s DNA.
We are committed to the following initiatives and always looking for new ways to be kind to our planet and as sustainable as possible.
- We are members of carbon free dining partnering with the Green Earth Appeal, offsetting the carbon emissions of eating out
- In our on-site recycling centre, we separate food, paper, cardboard and glass, working with disposable companies who ensure zero restaurant waste going to landfill
- We only use biodegradable paper drinking straws. We limit the use of straws and encourage our guests not to use straws if possible
- In house communications are entirely paperless
- We only used recycled or recyclable paper and have pledged to reduce our paper consumption by 90% within the year of 2022
- We use energy saving LED bulbs throughout the restaurant and team members are trained to turn lights off in all areas when not in use
- We offer complimentary tap water and only sell Welsh water if requested
- Our menu is constantly evolving to encourage more plant-based dining
- We source fresh produce locally, supporting local business and reducing food miles (See our list of food heroes below)
- Each Blk Sheep Baa & Grill is committed to supporting one charity in its local area
- We collaborate with our chosen charity ‘Hope House’ in Wrexham, hosting charity events, donating private chef evenings and various fund-raising activities throughout the year
- We partner with local schools, offering careers advice and presentations to students
- Our team regularly volunteer to do litter picking around our local area
- We support local shops, businesses and tradesmen wherever possible
- All team members complete our in-house sustainability training program
- We have two green champions, one front of house and one back of house, who drive our substantiality program and meet regularly to discuss and implement new initiatives
- We employ the majority of our team from our local area and community
PROVENANCE & LOCAL SUPPLIERS
Food provenance, sustainability and supporting local suppliers is at the heart of what we do. Sourcing local sustainable produce is top priority for us and in building relationships with local businesses, we’re both supporting the local community and the environment.
Here’s a list of who we regularly buy produce from (click on the links to find out more):
Third-generation family run farm and butchers situated on Rhosllanchrugog Mountain, rearing Welsh cattle and mountain lamb and carefully sourcing from quality producers and surrounding farms
Wales’s leading family run food wholesaler, supply speciality Welsh food and drinks from their local depot in Chirk
Artisan smoked trout, salmon and any other speciality smoked products for our menu
We buy the finest quality Welsh Charcuterie from Trealy Farm in Monmouthshire
Our entire Welsh cheeseboard is supplied by Caws Cenarth, Wales’ finest artisan cheese maker
Family run fruit and vegetable supplier based in Llangollen, buying the best of British produce from northern markets. Having a direct relationship gives us access to the best produce with provenance
Family run brewery based in Wrexham produce Three Eagles pale ale
Our famous local brewery supplies draft Wrexham Lager and Bootlegger bottled lager
Kirsty Williams makes the best artisan honey over in the Ceiriog Valley from rare Welsh black bees
Nant Ucha farm is family run supplying us with free range eggs
Our own kitchen garden
We grow fresh herbs and will develop this space further into a kitchen garden supplying as much fresh produce to our kitchen as possible.
Do you have a sustainability initiative we can collaborate on? Get in touch to tell us more.